Valued customers, we at Sterling Volunteers would like to update you on our response to COVID-19 as well as possible screening services impacts.
We assure you that Sterling Volunteers is doing everything in our power to continue serving you and carrying out our mission of providing the foundation of trust and safety you need to create great environments for your most essential resource, people.
Considering the growing impact of the novel Coronavirus, COVID-19, the Sterling team has been enacting the necessary contingencies for our business operations throughout the world. For more information, visit https://www.sterlingcheck.com/covid-19/.
With companies, courthouses, and schools closing to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we are actively monitoring the impact across our global screening and identity services. To avoid business disruption given this evolving situation, please note the following actions:
- Criminal Searches. Since Sterling fulfills 85% of court record data electronically using our proprietary CourtDirectTM automation technology, you will experience minimal impact. If a criminal record search can’t be completed due to a court closure, the search will be closed indicating, “This search cannot be fulfilled at this time as the court is temporarily closed.”
- Civil Searches. If a civil search can be completed without in-person research, Sterling will do so. For any civil search that requires in-person court research, Sterling will close as “Unperformable.”
- Drug and Health Services. While we do our best to proactively communicate testing site updates in collaboration with our valued partners, the landscape of COVID-19 is rapidly changing. As a result, we strongly encourage you and your candidates to contact site(s) prior to testing to confirm availability, wait times, and hours of operation.
- Education Verifications. Since 95% of colleges and universities are verified through our automated National Student Clearinghouse system, you will experience minimal impact. If the entity is found to be temporarily closed (and depending on your account set-up), Sterling will either 1) reach out immediately to obtain this information from you or the candidate, or 2) the search will be closed indicating, “This search cannot be fulfilled at this time as the entity is temporarily closed.“
- Employment Verifications. If an employment verification can’t be completed through automation, Sterling will either 1) reach out immediately to obtain this information from you or the candidate, or 2) close the search indicating, “This search cannot be fulfilled at this time as the entity is temporarily closed.“
Please continue to check back here for updates. If you have any further questions, please reach out to your dedicated Sterling Volunteers Client Success representative or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your continued trust.